This really shouldn’t be listed for sale here after it’s been abandoned. The Steam version is the same price for an extra year of updates—last updated in November 2020, compared to October 2019 here.
A downloadable game
Enter the biggest handcrafted open world of all time, fifty times larger than Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall! Explore three million square miles of uncharted terrain from Roman Damascus to Three Kingdoms China in an exploration RPG that transports you onto the Ancient Silk Road of 200AD as an intrepid traveller or a ruthless conqueror.
From a parallel dimension where they still make keyboard-controlled, square-based RPGs in 2019 comes the new game from Chris Bateman (Discworld Noir, Ghost Master, Heretic Kingdoms). Can you puzzle out the secrets of the four distinct challenges await you in Silk?][[[[[[[]][
- Explore the vast expanse of the Silk Road in an epic journey across dangerous wilderness as The Traveller.
- Overthrow Rome's greatest enemy, the powerful Parthian Empire, as The Rebel.
- Master the art of raiding to capture the fortunes of rival kingdoms as The Warlord.
- Carve out a trading empire between the brutal battlegrounds of the Silk Road as The Noble.
One colossal world, four unique challenges. Do you have what it takes to master Silk?
- Level up any seven of the thousands of Advisors in the game as you hire your perfect party, each of which unlocks hundreds of unique choices in the world
- Battle, Trade, or Explore: play the game your way as you amass a well-provisioned caravan or build your own renegade army
- Discover the lost genre of tile-based RPGs (Eye of the Beholder, The Bard’s Tale) remastered for the twenty first century
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $10.99 USD. You will get access to the following files:
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
This game is insanely fun. I love exploring, but don't have the trading knack down yet. I got stuck at the Sea of Death :'( I really wanted to go across the Mountains east of Mesopotamia to the Indus.
I see steam has a Linux version, any chance of adding it here?
Any chance this will get updated to what is available on Steam?
As a history nerd, this is beautiful. Nice work
Are you gonna release the Mac port on itch.io like you did on Steam? I bought this when I supported the Bundle for Racial Justice and I would love to be able to play it since I only have a mac. Its available on Steam for mac so it should also be available for here, unless the Steam page is just mislabeled? Thank you I am excited to play the game!
VR support would be insane
Glad to see this in the Bundle for Racial Justice! :) I was one of your Kickstarter backers for this, and I really love it. (Though I opted for the Switch version rather than PC.) I'm no good at the more combat-oriented story modes, but just exploring and trading on the Silk Road is really cool, especially for someone like me who has studied both archaeology and history (though this was not my period of specialty). This is one of those games that I keep thinking about even after I've stopped playing it.
Hi! I just purchased your game here on itch.io. I totally love the idea behind your game and Lords of Midnight and Doomdark's Revenge are two of the most impressive games I've ever played, so I really like the fact that your game seems to build on that still very unique game concept. May I ask if there is a chance to get a Steam key to the purchase here (many developers seem to do that)? And do you intend to publish updates here on itch.io regularly (I only ask because I made the experience that some developers tend to forget about their games on itch.io)?